Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Summary

Today was a great day @GSJ. I woke up more refreshed than I’ve been in a long time. Saturdays are usually difficult for me as far as going to sleep is concerned. Fortunate for me, I was able to get to bed earlier than normal which helped a great deal.

I arrived at church eager to continue our current preaching series “Signs of the Savior” with a message entitled “The Quest for Wholeness” taken from John 5:1-9. The message was well received in both services and two were added to the church.  Praise God!!

In the afternoon, we traveled to Benton Harbor, Michigan to fellowship with Pastor James Childs and Progressive Baptist Church on the occasion of their 65th Church Anniversary. My heart was warmed by the hospitality of Progressive as they eagerly anticipated our arrival. They were very friendly and they fed us well. There was a sweet spirit in this church and the service was hot from the very beginning.

 I was overwhelmed by the response of our congregation as many of them decided to join us. The selections by our choir were very inspirational and uplifting as they had been most of the day. When preaching time came, I was lead to preach a passage from Nehemiah 4:1-6. The title of the message was “So Built We the Wall.” Turns out it was exactly what they needed and the response was very favorable.

Thank God for the area pastors who came by to show their support.  A few of them I became acquainted with through our National Convention. When they learned I was in town, they took time out of their busy schedules to worship with us. I appreciate their kindness.

As I retire for the evening, I pray that the Lord would refresh me for the work ahead this week. There are a few loose ends that we must take care of in anticipation of our State Annual Session which will be held @ GSJ, July 30- August 3. Pray for us as we host this great session and if you are in the area, stop by. God Bless!!

No comments: