Friday, November 14, 2008

Appreciation Sunday

Sunday, November 16, 2008 is the Annual Celebration of my Pastoral Ministry to Greater St. John Missionary Baptist Church. It has been my privilege to serve this church as pastor/teacher for the past five years.

Our guests for this special occasion include: at 8am, Pastor H. Gregory Haygood & Pilgrim Baptist Church, South Bend, Indiana, at 11am, Pastor Charles L. Emery of Pilgrim Baptist Church, Gary, Indiana, at 5pm, Pastor Ray E. Owens & Macedonia Baptist Church, and Pastor Keith D. Witherspoon & Bethlehem Baptist Church of South Bend.

I am deeply humbled by our congregation’s willingness to honor us and am thankful for every kind expression. It is my sincere prayer that God will bless this day of celebration, and that He will grant us many more years of worshipping, witnessing, working and walking together to the glory of His name and the edifying of His people.

In closing, I would be remiss if I did not thank my lovely wife Jennifer, who without her love, understanding, sacrifices and partnership, I could not have freely and joyously served GSJ these past 5 years.

Please pray God’s blessings on this celebration and I look forward to sharing some photos etc. in a few days. Peace!!

11 comments:

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Congratulations on this joyous occasion!

I am really looking forward to celebrating with you on Sunday!!

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

I look forward to being a part of the number who thank God for your ministry here in South Bend. I will be the one they carry out of the pulpit when Dr. Witherspoon gets through

Anonymous said...

Pastor,

Congratulations on your 5th year Appreciation Celebration. I look forward to Sunday's services as well. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I pray that you and your family will receive all the blessing you deserve.

Your in Christ,
J.P.

HALLELUJAH said...

Pastor Andre`a McGhee

It has truly been a season of growth in the WORD for me as well as others having you here at GSJ for the past five years. I Thank GOD for sending you here to feed us the WORD, he is on time GOD.

I can feel the excitement is building up for this day of celebration.

We pay honor to our First Lady too; behind every good man is a good woman.

GOD Bless~~~

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Dr. McGhee, congrats for 5 years of ministry at the Greater St. John's Church. I know that you will have a great day with all of that great preaching that is coming. I really wish I could be there just for the fellowship, but be assured, there will be a day when we will get together as Pastors in fellowship real soon.

Lance

Anonymous said...

The Anniversary Committee is looking forward to Sunday’s celebration and Worship. The Committee really enjoyed working together and are praying that the day will be really special to you and your family. We are very blessed that you have come into our lives and are looking forward to many more years of your leadership. This small token of appreciation is only a fraction of what you truly deserve, may God continue to Bless you and your family.

Brother Armstrong

Reginald C. Payne said...

Congrats on another year sounds like a great weekend is in store for GSJ, praying for you this weekend brother and keep up the great work and may the Lord increase your tribe!

Rev. Barney said...

May God's favor rest on you and your ministry for many many more years. Certainly I truly celebrate your wife for the dedication, loyality and Love she give to you and the GSJ family.

Fitts said...

Congrats, Great Preacher, May God bless you and your ministry for many years to come.

DeAntwan

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Congrats on 5 years!! May God continue to bless you, your family, and your ministry. God bless my Brother.

Ronald said...

Congratulations to Doctor & Sister McGhee for five years of faithful service. Reflect, Rejoice and continue Reaching for the high calling which is upon your life.
NLT Philippians 3:14 I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.

Congratulations,
Ron