The following is a piece I received from a faithful participant of our weekly noonday Bible Study. The Lord has so gifted her to give illustrative and inspiration poems and short stories that drive our weekly lessons home. Hope it causes you to take inventory of your life and make the necessary adjustments. Enjoy!!!
· Isn’t it strange how two hours seem so long when you're at church, and how short they seem when you're watching a movie?
· Isn’t it strange that you can't find a word to say when you're praying, but you have no trouble thinking what to talk about with a friend?
· Isn’t it strange how difficult it is to read one chapter of the Bible, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a popular novel or book?
· Isn’t it strange how everyone wants front-row tickets to concerts or games, but they do whatever is possible to sit in the last row in church?
· Isn’t it strange how we need to know about an event for church 2-3 weeks before the day so we can include it in our agenda, but we can adjust it for other events in the last minute?
· Isn’t it strange how difficult it is to learn a fact about God to share it with others, but how easy it is to learn, understand, extend, and repeat gossip?
· Isn’t it strange how we believe everything that magazines and newspapers say, but we question the words in the Bible?
· Isn’t it strange how everyone wants a place in Heaven, but they don't want to believe, do, or say anything to get there?
· Isn't it strange how you can send jokes in e-mails and they are forwarded right away, but before you send messages about God, you think about it twice before you share it with others?