Friday, August 15, 2008

Newlyweds ( Laughter)

As a pastor, very seldom do I get a chance to really laugh. Just recently, an opportunity was afforded me when I received an email from a pastoral colleague out of town.

Laughter is good, especially when you consider the occupational hazards associated with pastoral life. I sincerely hope that you can use a good laugh, if not, than use this as a good teaching or sermon illustration.

A young couple decided to wed. As the big day approached, they grew apprehensive. Each had a problem they had never before shared with anyone, not even each other.

The Groom-to-be, overcoming his fear, decided to ask his father for advice. Father, he said, I am deeply concerned about the success of my marriage. His father replied, don’t you love this girl? Oh yes, very much, he said, but you see, I have very smelly feet, and I'm afraid that my fiance will be put off by them.

No problem, said dad, all you have to do is wash your feet as often as possible, and always wear socks, even to bed. Well, to him this seemed a workable solution. The bride-to-be, overcoming her fear, decided to take her problem up with her mom. Mom, she said, When I wake up in the morning my breath is truly awful.

Honey, her mother consoled, everyone has bad breath in the morning. No, you don't understand, my morning breath is so bad, I'm afraid that my fiance will not want to sleep in the same room with me. Her mother said simply, Try this. In the morning, get straight out of bed, and head for the kitchen and make breakfast.

While the family is busy eating, move on to the bathroom and brush your teeth. The key is, not to say a word until you've brushed your teeth. I shouldn't say good morning or anything? The daughter asked. Not a word, her mother affirmed. Well, it's certainly worth a try, she thought.


The loving couple was finally married. Not forgetting the advice each had received, he with his perpetual socks and she with her morning silence, they managed quite well. That is, until about six months later. Shortly before dawn one morning, the husband awakes startled to find that one of his socks had come off.

Fearful of the consequences, he frantically searches the bed. This, of course, wakes his bride and without thinking, she asks, What on earth are you doing? Oh, my, he replies, you've swallowed my sock!

7 comments:

Avery Minor II said...

LOL! Very funny!

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Ha Ha. This is a GOOD one my friend. I will have to use this one. Very funny!!!

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Good post Dr. Mcghee. Where do you get these stories from bud?

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Good one... Man, you have got to have one of the best sources I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Very funny thanks for sharing this.

Rev. Brad Hurley said...

God bless you brother!
A pastor with a sence of humor. Refreshing
You made me laugh

Thank You!
P.s. I am going to use this one to make someone else laugh.

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

LoL! Very funny indeed! But, I have a question. Did she smell his exposed foot? If so....did SHE also think it was her breath? LOL!

Thanks for the laugh.